Gästebuch

Gästebuch

Ich freue mich auf jeden Kommentar oder Eintrag ins Gästebuch. Bitte nehmt euch die Zeit!!





31.10.12

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2012


First, I would like to apologise for my bad English. Because the Webbbewerb English-speaking countries is advertised, I try it in English... We apologize for all my mistakes.

  The quilt was made by me before the birth of the first son of my godchild. Before the production of  the Quilte, there were following considerations: due to my advanced age I would not be able if he were older to make a new Quilt for him. I have therefore decided, not make a typical baby quilt but a quilt he can use long.

So here is my
 Kids Quilt
 measurements: 63" x 82,5"

entering three categories:
Favorite Bed Quilt
Scrap Quilt  
and 
  Home Machine Quilted Quilt

pieced and quilted by 
Guilitta K.


More Pictures you can found in this Post here. On the right site is a button you can translate the site in your language!

I found the pictures in my scrapbox and immediately I had the Idea of a quilt like this. The I thought I like to try a pieced border. It was the first time I did so. I found the pattern for the border around the pictures in the Book: Pieced Border from Judy Martin and Marsha McCloskey. The outer Border I saw here. It was a lot of work but it was worth it. Also It was the first time I tried to do the Quilting on my Home Sewing Machine and I find for the first Time I did it good. 

In the meantime the boy is good a year old and he likes the quilt. This is the story to my quilt.


                                                                   

7 Kommentare:

Cherilyn hat gesagt…

What a special quilt and story!

CitricSugar hat gesagt…

Beautiful! I love the three-dimensional look to the border.

Sarcastic Quilter hat gesagt…

Great look to this quilt.

Ivory Spring hat gesagt…

Beautiful, I love the border!!!

cat in tassie hat gesagt…

Congratulations on your win! You did a great job with quilting for the first time on your home sewing machine - well done.

Das Quiltmonster hat gesagt…

Hallo, herzlichen Glückwunsch!!! Ein toller Erfolg für Deinen wunderschönen Quilt!!!
Liebe Grüße von Regina

Kati from Kati's Quilting hat gesagt…

I totally adore your quilt, the border looks fantastic! Congratulations on your win!